Monday, April 30, 2007

Camino Packing List


I will be continually updating this post as I add things I have forgotten. First and foremost, my objective is to pack as light as possible. I cannot let myself take any more that 15 lbs. including the weight of my pack lest I die of exhaustion along the way. This is my pack to the left (yay!). Its an Osprey Aura and I would highly recommend it if you are in the market. It is lightweight and has a great cooling system.

Paul and I have done a couple of trial treks with our packs loaded up out at Red Rock. Man, this is harder than it looks. We noticed some weird things like that our hands swelled up while walking. Not sure what the deal is with that, but it seemed to lessen the second and third time we were doing long treks.


Jessi's Packing List
  • Pack (3 lbs. 2 oz)
  • 2 pairs of pants
  • 2 T-shirts
  • 3 pairs of socks
  • boots or hiking shoes
  • Second pair of shoes for the night time (I'm checking out some Crocs sandals I found at Sports Chalet. They are super light and comfy and don't take up much space)
  • Silk sleeping sack
  • travel pillow
  • pajamas?
  • humpback poncho (it will cover you and your backpack!)
  • my journal
  • paperback book
  • sunscreen
  • guide book
  • camera & charger
  • necessary meds
  • bandana (s)
  • hair ties
  • compass/GPS?
  • hair brush
  • passport (also scanned and sent to our email address in case of emergency)
  • tickets
  • freshette (funnel and tube contraption to help girls pee in the wilderness without having to squat)
  • camel back belly for water
  • quick dry towel
  • washcloth
  • soap (buy in Spain)
  • tissues
  • travel shampoo
  • travel conditioner
  • deodorant
  • small amounts of makeup
  • moisturizer
  • plastic bag for clothes during shower
  • shower curtain hook or caribiner to hold shower bag
  • small length of string and clothespins for hanging clothes to dry
  • small rock from Vegas to leave at the Cruz de Ferro
  • mp3 player (trying to find a cheaper version that takes batteries to avoid carrying my iPod and charger)
  • Ear plugs
Plus, I will take some extra things to wear in transit and for our first few days in Pamplona and for after we arrive in Santiago. We can send packages to ourselves at the end of the Camino. These will be:
  • Jeans
  • nice shirt
  • another casual shirt
Am I forgetting anything? Most likely yes, but I shall keep adding to this.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena