Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ahhh, memories...

I just read what is quite possibly the funniest blog I have ever seen about a preteen book series. Tiff, who writes this gem, the BSC Headquarters ,is "revisiting her awkward(est) years one Baby-sitters Club book at a time."

If you ever read these books growing up, you have got to look at this website. Seriously this cracks my sh*t up! I imagine if Stephen Colbert reviewed the BSC series, the result would be something similar to this blog. She waxes nostalgic with her wry commentary on the fashion and toils of the BSC that brings back memories of a time when hypercolor t-shirts and plastic pink flamingo earrings were the height of 13 year old sophistication. And a time when my ten year old self lived vicariously throught the 13 year old Claudia, Kristy, Stacey, Dawn and MaryAnn. I remember when I was 10, I totally wanted to be Claudia Kishi minus the poor spelling and the spandex tights outfits.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena